Nat is Switch’s trade mark and domain names expert and innovator – particularly in IP portfolio management.
Nat has a wealth of knowledge and experience in:
- Efficiently managing trade mark, design and domain name portfolios – including new generic top level domains (gTLD) applications.
- In-sourcing IP management practices for corporations with large IP portfolios – saving them tens, or even hundreds, of thousands of dollars annually!
Nat has spent a number of years managing IP portfolios and systems at top tier law firms, before moving to NAB as in-house global brand protection advisor. This included in-sourcing – and managing virtually single-handedly – NAB’s significant global IP portfolio (no mean feat!).
She can deliver similar benefits to your business – that will truly be music to your ears…
…On that note, Nat brings music to our ears too – as Switch’s resident songster! And while Nat’s always naturally our little ray of sunshine, she embellishes her radiance with her lovely crystal lamp …she’s basically our own home-grown, new age ‘hippie’ siren.
Finally, Nat’s known affectionately as “the truffle pig” for her spectacular ability to sniff out hidden chocolate from 40 paces…her talents are so endless; her perception so profound…
Nat is a registered trademark attorney and has 10 plus years’ experience managing all aspects of large IP portfolios, including advising clients on complex trademark licensing arrangements, ownership and assignments in the context of large corporate groups, co-branding, domain name disputes and trademark infringement.
- Management of nine trade mark oppositions (with multiple counterparties in the various claims) for a large Australian bank.
- Successfully negotiating a settlement for a client, with a US counterparty that is known as the world’s most litigious and brand-protectionist comic companies.
- Negotiating and drafting a global co-existence agreement for a client in the technology space.
- Detailed analysis and evaluation of one of Australia’s largest brewery’s IP function, and preparation of a detailed business case that successfully delivered desired outcomes.
In addition to Nat’s legal work, she has also customised and implemented IP management software for both law firms and businesses. This included setting up an in-house global IP practice for National Australia Bank.
Law Firms & Companies:
- National Australia Bank Limited – Melbourne
- Gilbert + Tobin – Sydney
- Corrs Chambers Westgarth – Melbourne
- Trade Mark Law & Practice – University of Technology Sydney
- Former Company Secretary of Medfin Australia Pty Ltd
We've been so impressed with Natalie and the other members of Switch Legal that we have recommend their services to our friends and colleagues on a number of occasions.www.artFido.com