Hayley is a recent law graduate from the University of Melbourne, who is excited to be launching into the next phase of her career at Switch Legal. She has worked in various roles while studying, as she believes in being an all-rounder and having a strong commercial, as well as legal, focus. She has a mix of general commercial, IT/IP and dispute resolution experience and is passionate about IP protection, having previously worked in this area for global corporations.
Hayley’s a great lover of animals, especially her Kelpie dog, Kirby (a regular visitor to the office), and the wild lorikeets and cockatoos that frequent the firm’s balcony in Collingwood. She’s known for her friendly, relaxed and down-to-earth manner along with her ‘can do’ attitude.
Hayley worked for four years in the in-house legal team at a global funds manager, working on commercial and IT contracts and transactional matters (relating to infrastructure, debt, private equity and listed equities).
She previously worked for a team of prosecutors at Victoria Police in the Liquor Licensing Unit and completed a legal internship at the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission in its dispute resolution team.
Hayley also spent a year at GM Holden providing administrative assistance to the Security and Investigations department, where she had the opportunity to assist in counterfeiting and trade mark infringement cases.
- Advising on, drafting and assisting in negotiation of a trade mark infringement matter from start to finish.
- Honing her drafting skills on complex subject matter such as agile development methodology and making it work to achieve binding commitments for acquirers.
- Getting involved in biotechnology contracts, a space that is quite new to her.
- Gaining more hands on experience in the end-to-end protection and enforcement of trade marks for a range of clients in different industries.
Companies and Government:
- IFM Investors Pty Ltd
- Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
- GM Holden Ltd
- Victoria Police: Liquor Licensing Unit
- Juris Doctor – University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Law & Marketing) – Monash University