Harry has undertaken numerous executive roles across Procurement, Supplier Management, Technology Management and delivery of Transformation Programs within private industry and government sectors.
Harry’s initial work experience was gained in IT management in both corporate and consulting environments before undertaking senior Information Technology roles. More recently Harry has been involved in broader leadership roles, which have sharpened his skills across areas strategic planning, procurement, financial management, human resources management, negotiation and management of major contracts and achievement of profit targets.
Harry’s interpersonal and people management skills are a fundamental element of his leadership style and the outcomes he delivers. He has worked extensively with senior executives and board members, has managed substantial teams and significant budgets and has a reputation as an executive that can define strategy, take accountability and deliver.
Harry is a senior executive with over 25 years’ experience across a variety of leadership positions in Banking, Superannuation and the Government sector, specialising in procurement, technology management and transformational change.
Harry has a proven record in procurement, digital transformation, process automation and large scale system implementation requiring in-depth stakeholder engagement, financial management, benefit management, scheduling and risk management.
Harry is passionate about people management, team building and driving sustainable outcomes via creating a culture of transparency, ownership and accountability.
- Delivered multimillion dollar savings for a large Australian financial services firm.
- Defined and implemented a 3-year procurement and category strategy for all direct and indirect services.
- Implemented cross organisational (Business unit, Finance and Procurement) benefits realisation process creating collective ownership of procurement related cost takeout / value extraction items.
- Implementation of spend segmentation models (Strategic suppliers, Tactical suppliers and Tail suppliers) with targeted strategies and activities to mitigate risk and extract value across each segment.
- Established supply chain programs to leverage local and global service delivery centres.
- Developed and deployed a supplier risk management program to proactively assesses and manage 3rd and 4th party supplier risk.
- Defined and implemented a Supplier Management Centre of Excellence and supporting framework to manage key 3rd part suppliers.
- Executed major programs to upgraded Procure to Pay, Contract Management and Supplier Management systems (SAP and Oracle) facilitating straight through processing and automation of low value procurement tasks.
- Department of Human Services
- National Australia Bank
- Government Superannuation Office – Victoria
- Fujitsu / DMR Consulting
- Plum Financial Services
- State Revenue Office Victoria
- Master in Business Administration
- Graduate Diploma of Management
- Graduate Diploma of Management
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- President – Camberwell Hockey Club – 2014 to current.
- Board member – NAB Diversity & Inclusion Council – 2010 to 2016.
- Board member – REACH Foundation Dream Catcher Program – 2007 to 2013.
- Board member – Swinburne University ICT Course Advisory Committee – 2004 to 2012.
- Board member – Australian Information Industry Association Victoria – 2002 to 2004.
Harry delivers strategic procurement advice in a practical and efficient manner. His extensive industry knowledge and business acumen provides us with insights that gets the best out of our contracts and suppliers.John Murphy Deputy Secretary Payments Reform Department of Human Services