Chris comes from an experienced background in technology and IP – having worked in some of Australia’s biggest law firms, and in-house at blue chip corporations including NAB, Mayne Group, and Woolworths. In these roles, Chris has been involved in the full spectrum of technology, outsourcing, IP and commercial transactions, including most recently advising a major Australian bank on the outsourcing of the support and management of its core banking platform.
He’s known for skill, maturity and savoir-faire well beyond his years – his clients simply love working with him and find him a great asset on any deal…he just gets it …and gets it done
As well as being a great technical lawyer and negotiator, Chris is known for his excellent sense of humour – extending to unashamed, but unfounded, prowess at karaoke and his somewhat unsuccessful attempts at the “moon-walk”. But for all that, we have to admit he is great fun, is a true style-meister and couples his superb legal skills with excellent coiffeur.
Chris is an experienced commercial lawyer, with over 13 years’ experience advising clients on complex and business critical technology transformation projects, as well as outsourcing, IP and commercial transactions. He’s worked at some of Australia’s largest corporations and been a member of private practice teams at Corrs and Clayton Utz.
- Acting for a large IT&T supplier on a project to virtualise the core network of a large Australian telco.
- Acting for a large IT&T supplier in the delivery of a content delivery (media) network to a large Australian telco.
- Leading negotiations for a major Australian bank’s multi-million dollar core banking system replacement project.
- Advising a major Australian bank on the outsourcing of the support and management of its core banking platform.
- Advising on various technology and IP issues to a large joint venture arrangement between two financial institutions for the delivery of various asset servicing functions.
- Corrs Chambers Westgarth – Sydney
- Clayton Utz – Melbourne
- Ericsson (secondment from Switch)
- National Australia Bank Ltd – Melbourne (Senior Legal Counsel)
- Mayne Group – Melbourne
- Woolworths Ltd (secondment from Corrs)
- British American Tobacco Australia Ltd (secondment from Corrs)
- Myer Ltd (secondment from Clayton Utz)
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing)
- Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property
- Former Company Secretary of Anchorage Home Loans Pty Ltd
- Former Secretary of a significant Risk & Audit Committee within NAB.
Chris provides high quality advice in tight timeframes, has extensive industry knowledge and business acumen, and can provide valuable insight from his experiences on both sides of the table, acting for both customers and vendors.Aaron Marschke | General Counsel & Commercial Director (Asia Pacific) Misys [now Finastra]